Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Eve

I can't believe it's Christmas Eve!  I have had some trouble getting into the spirit but I woke up this morning bright and merry.  I even enjoyed my trip to Walmart this morning to get everything I needed to cook today and tomorrow.  I will definitely blog some of my meals, unfortunately I haven't done a whole lot of cooking lately (I managed to satisfy that craving for Mexican food and was given sushi for Christmas by a friend).  I will be cooking some wonderful cookies today.  Cream cheese, butter and a chocolate cake mix rolled in sugar before baked.  They get a nice crust and stay soft and gooey on the inside.

Food is such a big part of any holiday and I will certainly be eating my share but after Christmas I really need to add some activity to my routine.  I eat a healthy pescatarian diet (meat is evil...mostly) but my lack of activity during school has caused me to pack on a few pounds and I am NOT happy about it.

Okay, wow, time to move on to something more Christmas.  I can't wait to give everyone their presents.  I think Meg and I did a pretty good job picking things out for people, so hopefully no one will be unhappy with what they get.  We'll be doing a lot of traveling the next few days.  Going to my moms today, then back home so we can have Christmas morning at our place followed by Christmas day at Meg's parents, I'm gonna run and see Cody and Quee and the grandparents and Meg and I are gonna stay at her parents' house so we can celebrate her birthday with her family the next day.  I don't mind the travelling but I know it's not Meg's favorite way to spend the holiday. 

Random thoughts:  It's cold, I actually kinda hope we don't get snow tomorrow...I don't like the stuff, I still can't believe that I will have a new niece and nephew in one month (my sister and Meg's sister Michelle are both pregnant and due within 3 days of each other), why do all of my cats sleep wherever I'm not during the day, we have no plans for new years and nothing in sight, cheese ravioli toady...yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment